PDA West Coast Chapter
California (Northern) / Nevada
PDA West Coast Chapter Mission
The PDA West Coast Chapter (PDA WCC) plays a vital role as the premier organization for the San Francisco Bay Area's biopharma industry professionals. The PDA WCC was founded 30 years ago with its mission of connecting people, science, and regulation. We strive to promote and enhance knowledge within the sciences and technologies, develop programs and other activities designed to meet local and/or global needs consistent with PDA's mission and objectives.
Please welcome the following new and returning officers:
President: Stephanie Lee
President-Elect: Yashu Sarna
Secretary: Kate Nelson
Treasurer: Sumin Dong
Members-at-Large: Autumn Lee, Fabio De Martino, Nikoo Arasteh, Ming Lei, Nick Kapp, Liraz Oechsli, and Vamshi Gangupomu.
This active group of volunteers will:
- Produce engaging chapter activities and networking events for you
- Promote the development of our members
- Present opportunities to share technical resources
- and generate opportunities to collaborate with regulatory agencies
WCC PDA is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization run by volunteers, and without sponsorship, we would not be able to provide valuable educational and social networking events to our membership. As PDA members, you can connect the chapter with companies that would like to become WCC PDA Sponsors, a unique opportunity for vendor/service companies to strengthen their brand image, increase their visibility, and gain access to leaders of the San Francisco Bay Life-Science Community.Our 2024 Event Calendar
Member at Large
- Autumn Lee, Critical Mass Consulting
- Fabio De Martino, Kite Pharma
- Liraz Oechsli, Microrite
- Nick Kapp, Skyline College
- Nikoo Arasteh, Napo Pharmaceuticals
- Ming Lei, Gilead
- Vamshi Gangupomu, Bristol Myer Squibb
- Valerie Brown, Gilead Sciences
- Ashley Hesslein, Bayer, AG
- Diane Hagerty, Allogene Therapeutics
- Daniel Kelati, Genentech, Inc.
- Andrea Leiss Karlsson, Boehringer Ingelheim
PDA West Coast Chapter: Technical Outsourcing Conference
- 11 Apr - 12 Apr 2024
- Las Vegas
- , NV
PDA West Coast Chapter: ATMP Meeting - Panel Discussion
- 23 May 2024
- San Bruno
- , CA
PDA West Coast Chapter: Women in Life Sciences Panel Discussion
- 20 Jun 2024
- South San Franciso
- , CA
PDA West Coast Chapter: Oktoberfest
- 19 Sep 2024
- San Carlos
- , CA
PDA West Coast Chapter: Cell & Gene Therapy - Panel Discussion/Gala
- 15 Nov 2024
- San Francisco
- , CA
The PDA West Coast Chapter has been in existence for over 30 years! During this time we have seen our Chapter grow in membership and participation.
Without our volunteers, members and sponsors, we would not be able to provide valuable educational and social networking events to our membership.
Consider participating in our Sponsorship Program, Annual or Single event packages, a unique opportunity to strengthen your brand image, increase your visibility, and gain.Contact Us
WCC PDA Statement On Inclusions And DiversityLearn More
We have an active group of volunteers that make great chapter activities happen. We encourage you to become involved in our chapter by attending Chapter Board / Planning Committee meetings that occur before each dinner meeting.
At these meetings we determine our meeting themes, approve speakers, arrange resources and guide the organization to meet member and sponsor needs. These meetings are generally held from 5 to 6 p.m. at Dominic's in South San Francisco. The schedule is listed under our events calendar.
More information coming soon.
San Francisco Bay Area
What's in your future? Maybe you've already mapped out your career in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or maybe you are just getting started. Either way, joining a professional Society like PDA is a great way to help you realize your career goals.
When it comes to landing a job, it's often about "who you know". Your PDA Student Membership will give you the leading edge in a competitive market by allowing you access to an extensive network of potential employers.
Each PDA Student Chapter is sponsored by the local PDA Chapter, which provides valuable support in the form of Industry and Faculty Advisors to mentor students.
If you are thinking about becoming a PDA Student Member, your local PDA Chapter is a great place to start. Local PDA Chapter members can answer your questions about PDA membership and give you first-hand information about the benefits. Contact today your local PDA Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned to upcoming events by joining our Bay Area PDA Student Facebook group.
Presentations & Resources
- CMO Managment in a Virtual Environment
- Contamination Control Basics Risk and Resolution
- Roche Quality Metric Position
- Combination Product Development - Pre-Filled Syringe and Injection Devices
- ICH Quality Guideline Q11
- The Advantages and Challenges of Operating a GMP Facility Based on Single-Use Equipment
- Paticulate Matter - USP Requirements and Particle Identification
- Integration of Risk Management into Product Strategy and Portfolio
- Leadership - Engagement to Results
- Can Quality Solve the Equation - The New Role of Quality
- The Role and Duties of the EU Qualified Person
- A Novel Bacterial Contamination in Cell Culture Manufacturing
- Novartis Quality Metrics, Current Experiences and Considerations
- Post Approval Changes and Product Lifecycle Management
- Establishing a Data Integrity Assurance Program
- Regulatory Intelligence 101
- Approval of a Greenfield Biologics DS Site in Asia
- ICH Quality Guideline Q10
- Fundamentals of Environmental Monitoring
- Why Drugs Cost So Much
- PDA BioMarin Gene Therapy Facility
- PDAs Quality Metrics Activities and Plans